- Application Hosting
- California Email Services
- Mobile Device Management
- Secure File Transfer
- Server Based Computing
- Tenant Managed
Page last updated on February 07, 2012
Consolidated E-Mail Hygiene and Encryption Service (E-Hub)
Service Name: Consolidated Email Hygiene and Encryption Service - E-Hub
E-Hub's purpose is to secure and protect the State's inbound, outbound, and inter-departmental e-mail by implementing a highly available e-mail hygiene solution with a rich tool set and additional capabilities including e-mail encryption and content filtering.
Service Classification (Emerging, Current, Twilight, Sunset)
This is a current service.
Service Location (OTech, Client Site, Other Site)
The service is offered at a vendor site.
This section describes the standard components of OTech services that are classified as current. Customers that use custom or non-standard services may not find information about all aspects of their particular service(s) in this version of the catalog. We intend to expand and enhance the Service Catalog through frequent updates. In the interim, if you have questions about our services, please contact Customer Delivery.
The E-Hub service provides uniform anti-spam and anti-virus scanning and only forwards good messages to the State. This service will eliminate the State's need for multiple, independent email hygiene gateways to:
- Improve security and protection of the state's critical email services;
- Reduce network load as email filtering is performed at the enterprise network border;
- Implement consistent email filtering services and technologies;
- Establish a central point of administration; and
- Serve as a centralized hub for inter-departmental message exchange.
- Collect necessary information in preparation for submitting and SR for E-Hub service
- Number of Users (resource mailboxes do not add additional seat count)
- Existing mail system (specific version of Microsoft Exchange or Other)
- List of existing email domains and IP addresses of existing email send and receive gateways
- Licensing Model
- Customers can use one of two licensing models to provide the necessary per user licenses
- Bring Your Own License (BYOL) - Customers who have qualifying products under existing Microsoft agreements may already be entitled to per user licensing
- Licensing provided through OTech Service Agreement
- Main and Technical contact information
- Complete E-Hub Service Enrollment Form and submit with OTech Service Request
- Allow for adequate service provisioning time (approximately 8 – 13 working days after the SR is submitted to OTech)
- OTech License subscribers please allow 3 - 5 business days for service account provisioning once Microsoft receives the order.
- Bring Your Own License customers provisioning time will vary based upon Online Services benefit activation through Microsoft Volume Licensing Agreement portal. Expect anywhere between 5 and 10 business days for full activation and provisioning at Microsoft.
- Customers utilizing BYOL benefits should download the following document for step-by-step instructions on activating your E-Hub licenses.
- Customer Technical contact will work with Microsoft Implementation Project Manager (IPM) to prepare to swing MX records for any pilot, test or production domains as needed.
- Microsoft IPM services are provided for 90 days following activation
- Microsoft IPM's will provide guidance, administrator training and product use support during the on boarding process.
- Customer completes pilot phases and sets 'go live' date to swing production MX records to the E-Hub service
- Customers MUST already be OTech E-Hub subscribers or activating encryption services in conjunction with their E-Hub activation
- Customers fill out E-HUB Service Enrollment Form and submit with OTech Service Request
- Allow for adequate service provisioning time
- Encryption services will be available on provisioned domain within 3 to 5 business days once Microsoft receives the order.
- If activating encryption services with E-Hub service or within the initial 90 days of service your Microsoft IPM will provide the necessary administrative and policy support training.